ADAMHS (Alcohol, Drug Addiction and Mental Health Services) Boards are established by Ohio statute. There’s an ADAMHS Board (or the equivalent) in every Ohio county.
- We plan, fund, and evaluate Lake County’s mental health and addiction recovery services.
- We facilitate treatment for our neighbors who have a mental illness or addiction. We facilitate support for their family members.
- We fund Lake County’s Suicide Prevention Coalition, Crisis Hotline, and Trauma Response team.
- We’re partners in the Lake County Opiate Task Force and the Lake County Prosecutor’s Victim Assistance program.
- We fund 24/7 services at LakeHealth’s Emergency Departments in Willoughby and Concord to help those experiencing a mental health crisis.
- A board of directors – all Lake County residents who serve without compensation – oversees our work and votes on major funding decisions. Board members include medical professionals, mental health and recovery experts, consumers (people who need and use services), relatives of consumers, community leaders, and business professionals. The resulting blend of expertise and perspectives makes the Lake County ADAMHS Board uniquely qualified to handle these important issues effectively and efficiently.
We rely on the help of Lake County taxpayers to make our important work possible — thank you for your vital support!